Friday, January 16, 2009

The Beginning

To stare into a fire burning white is one thing.  To forge with a fire burning white is another.  To be able to take iron, glowing, and shape it to whatever your will desires is a beautiful concept.  I'm a backyard blacksmith looking for more.

In a short time I'll be setting out to see if I can make this hobby into a career.  You can check up on my journey here.  I'll be updating this blog daily (or something like daily) from my house, on the road, and from the shops where I'll be taking lessons.

Until next time, stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. You know I'll be watching. Praying for only the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jon--Just read your entry about meeting with Robert Menard. Sounds like you got good info. Not even to mention the need for a shop website!

    FYI, I mailed your letters yesterday.

    cheers pb

    ReplyDelete