Sunday, March 22, 2009

Burlington

I suppose I do have a minor form of the travel bug. I was sitting at home for the past week and when the opportunity to come up to Burlington for a few days arose, I leapt on it.


When the sun sets on the other side of Lake Champlain this town gets cold. This morning you couldn't see it rise; flake by giant flake snow floated to cover the ground in a thin coat that would survive in the shadows but slowly be swallowed by the sun as it moved in its usual way.


The last time that I was up here I came up on the first sunny/warm day since winter descended on Vermont. Turned out yesterday was also the first warm day of the year. When I stepped out of the car at UVM in my down jacket Mike Brandon met me in short sleeves.

Officially my road trip has ended, but my pursuit to blacksmith in the foreseeable future has not.

No comments:

Post a Comment