Tuesday, February 24, 2009

9 Hours in the Fire



The black isn't coming off my hands. As people from my class went into the dining hall you could hear people all over say something like, "Oh, you must be in blacksmithing."

Its been so long since I've been in the mountains. They stand surreally, almost like a set on a hollywood movie. I've also forgotten how many stars there are. I walked back from the smith shop last night sometime around 10:30 and stood there on the hill to my cabin, just looking up.

So far I've made 10 or so hooks, an L piece used for hanging plants and such, a Texas nose picker (I don't know what it is either, I didn't invent it), and a piece meant for hanging jackets.

I should have pictures of my pieces either tonight or tomorrow morning, for the moment, enjoy the view.



No comments:

Post a Comment