Friday, February 27, 2009

Yesterday

We finished up in the forge cleaned up shop, showed off our work, ate, listened to the Redhead Express, sat around, talked and spent the night in a wonderful fashion.

The class was in overdrive yesterday, and it wasn't until all the work was done that it hit us. After a week of constant smithing, eating, and socializing with people from all over the US and Canada, we found that we were a little bit more tired than we thought. Although, a few cups of coffee seemed to fix that problem.

The piece that I'm most proud of is the re-creation of Whittaker's coat rack. I've sort of come to terms with recreating pieces. I suppose its like learning painting through re-creating Monet, Sargent or Malevich..



Thanks goes out to Verne for his input, Jennifer for holding the thousand degree metal while I upset (formed) the ends, and Susan Hutchinson my instructor who was great about my constantly asking questions.

The work done by my classmates was fantastic. Basically everyone besides Joe was a beginner. I might wait till tomorrow to throw their work up on the blog. At the moment I'm about ready to head off for Savannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment